Why not make the most of naturally sweet peaches and whip up some of this delicious baby puree with a twist. This baby puree infuses basil and ginger, getting your little one's taste buds tingling. An ideal recipe for weaning babies when they can have runny mixed purees. For later stages, serve with a little more lumps to add texture. This puree is great for batch cooking as it can be easily stored in our Starter Weaning Set, preparing you for your baby's weaning journey.
For the older kids, and the rest of the family why not serve as a Pancake topping, or with some natural yogurt for a refreshing, sweet treat. A great way to get everyone involved in the kitchen!
Cook time: 10 minutes
Portions: 6 x 30ml / 1oz
2 peaches, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 tbsp finely chopped basil
Fresh lemon juice
- In a small saucepan place the peaches, ginger, basil and fresh lemon juice.
- Drizzle with a little water and bring to the boil ever so briefly.
- Lower to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Place contents into a blender and blend until you get the desired consistency.
- Store portions in your weaning pots and freeze extras for future use.
Weaning and Storage
4-6 months – Blended to Runny Puree
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.