Every mum wants to ensure that their little one is getting their five a day, so snacks like these Vegetable Egg Muffins are great for sneaking a portion in. Kids adore muffins, so the familiar form will mean they will be excited to try. These are perfect for popping into the lunch box and giving some added nutritious value during school hours. Muffins are a great method of introducing fruit and vegetables to your little one, and I always try to add these healthy foods to my muffin recipes.
Makes: 12 muffins
Cooktime: 20-25 minutes
8 large eggs
3 carrots, peeled and grated
1 yellow pepper, chopped
90g frozen peas
90g tin sweetcorn, drained
Salt and pepper (omit salt for a baby)
12 tbsp Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 190c. Line your muffin tin with paper cases or use a silicone muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, add the grated carrots, peppers, peas and corn and mix together.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cases, until each case is about 2/3 of the way full.
- Prepare your egg mixture by cracking into a jug and lightly whisk. Add the salt and pepper at this stage if using.
- Pour the egg mixture into the vegetable mix until each muffin case is about ¾ full.
- Top each with some cheese and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the muffins are set.
- Allow to cool, and serve with some of our tomato salsa or freeze for future use.
Watch how I made this recipe below! For more videos like this, head to the Mummy Cooks YouTube channel.