These salmon balls are a scrumptious way of introducing salmon to your little ones including your baby! Simply serve them as a finger food for your weaning baby or as part of a family meal. They are also baked not fried, which makes them all the more healthier!
Fatty fish like salmon are a good source of omega 3 fatty acids, which is essential for brain development.
Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4-5 Adult portions
4 Salmon darnes
2 tbsp oregano
4-5 pre-cooked potatoes, mashed
1 large onion, finely chopped
8oz frozen peas
Flour for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 220°C.
- Parcel the salmon in tinfoil with some lemon and olive oil, place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 12 minutes until cooked through.
- Gently sauté the onions in some olive oil until they become translucent.
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes, onions, peas and oregano.
- Flake in the salmon and mix until combined.
- Grease a large baking tray with some olive oil.
- Shape the salmon mixture into balls, roll in flour and then place on the tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden, basting with olive oil if necessary or if you are under time pressure, pop them on a frying pan for 2-3 minutes a side.