Looking for something fun to do with the kids at the weekend? Why not get the kids into the kitchen to create some yummy rice crispy treats.
The girls and I had lots of fun making these treats. They are a take on the less healthy rice krispie squares and are surprisingly sweet despite not having any sugar added. Jessica loved the mixing part.
Makes 12 Rice Crispy Treats
12 soft medjool dates, pitted
120g almond butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp Salt
150g Rice Krispie cereal
130g dark chocolate
- Add the dates, butter and vanilla extract to a blender and blend until it forms a paste.
- Transfer the paste to a large bowl and add in the rice crispy cereal. Using your hands combine the mixture so that the paste is evenly coated on the cereal.
- Transfer to a tin that has been lined with parchment paper or use a silicone mould.
- Using a sheet of parchment paper, place on top and press the mixture down to make the mixture compact.
- At this point I placed in the freezer so that it would hold together. Max ½ an hour as you don’t want it to freeze.
- Meanwhile we made the chocolate topping by placing it in a bowl over boiling water.
- Remove the mixture from the freezer and pour the chocolate on top
- Enjoy straight away or store in an airtight container for future use.
For more treat recipes check out my Lunchbox Made Easy book.