These easy scrambled eggs with a twist make a great family breakfast! Offer as a finger food with some toast slices for dipping for your weaning baby to enjoy a self led weaning meal. A fuel filled breakfast perfect for the whole family, your weaning baby will love the softened tomatoes. The Starter Weaning Set is perfect to serve your weaning baby's portion.
Cook time: 10 minutes
Makes: 1 x Baby
1 tbsp full fat milk
1 tsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp cheese
1 slice wholemeal bread, toasted
- Place a saucepan of water on a medium heat and bring to the boil. .
- Remove the pan from heat. Add the tomatoes to blanch for 1 minute. Transfer to a clean paper towel and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg and milk together.
- Peel the cooled tomato and remove the seedy core. Chop the flesh and set aside.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and add the butter. Add the tomato and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the egg mixture. Cook for 2 minutes, breaking up every few seconds using a wooden spoon or spatula. Sprinkle on the cheese and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Serve with strips of wholemeal toast for an ideal finger food for your weaning baby.
Weaning and Storage
6 months+ - Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self feed.