Don't be put off by the long list of ingredients – this chicken tikka masala recipe is in fact quick and easy.
Make a big batch on the weekend so that you can enjoy this tasty dish any day of the week.
Tikka Curry Powder
1 tbsp Coriander, ground
1 1/2 tbsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Cardamom
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Black pepper
Mix all the powdered spices together and store in an airtight container
alternatively you can purchase tikka curry powder
Makes 4 Adult servings
4 skinless chicken breasts
150g natural yoghurt
1 tbsp tikka curry powder
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
½ red pepper, finely chopped
½ yellow pepper, finely chopped
½ chilli, finely chopped (optional)
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Mix the chicken with 1 tbsp tikka curry powder, lemon juice and garlic.
- Leave to marinade for half an hour.
- Heat your pan to a medium heat and add 2 tbsp oil. Cook the chicken for about 10 minutes or until it’s cooked through. Set aside. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan then cook the onions, peppers and chilli until browned.
- Stir in the tomatoes, 1 tbsp tikka curry powder and the chicken. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Stir through the yoghurt and serve with rice or freeze for future use.
Adding Texture: (6m +)
- Blend the curry as it is and serve with rice.