This boiled egg recipe is a quick and fuelling breakfast that your whole family will love. Just cut in to slices to make a perfect baby led finger food for your weaning baby. This egg recipe also makes a great midday feed for baby.
Makes: 1 x Baby
1/2 avocado, mashed
1 slice wholemeal bread
- Place a small saucepan of water over a medium heat and bring to the boil
- Carefully add the egg to the water, using a slotted spoon if necessary.
- Allow to boil for 9 minutes to ensure the egg cooks through.
- While cooking, pop the bread in the toaster.
- Remove the egg from the water using a slotted spoon then allow to cool for two minutes before peeling the shell.
- Slice the egg. Spread the avocado on the toast and top it with the sliced egg.
Weaning and Storage
6 months+ - Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self feed.