This Chicken and Vegetable Puree is perfect to introduce chicken to your weaning baby. Chicken is the ideal first meat for your baby as it is rich in protein and B vitamins, with a mild flavour. This recipe is great to serve as a purée, or with texture as a dip with finger foods such as cooked vegetable slices or pasta for a baby led weaning meal your little one will enjoy.
Cook time: 25 minutes
Makes: 4 2oz portions
300ml low salt vegetable stock
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 skinless chicken breast
- Place a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the stock and vegetables. Bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken breast and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through.
- At this stage, if your baby is a little older and able for more texture, remove the chicken breast.
- Transfer the vegetables and chicken to the blender and blend to the desired consistency.
- If you have removed the chicken breast at step 3, flake on top of the vegetable purée.
- Store portions in your weaning pots and freeze extras for future use.
Weaning and Storage
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.