A delicious twist on a regular scone, your child will adore the cheesy taste of these scrumptious, healthy scones. Avocado, tomato, salsa - there are so many healthy toppings that can be added or just simply add butter. Store them safely in our portion pots to keep fresh, and send them in as a healthy snack in one of our adorable lunch sets. The Mummy Cooks Lunch Set Combo contains twenty pots in four different sizes, everything you will need for the week!
Makes: 10 scones
150g self raising flour, extra for dusting
70g wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
90g Cheddar cheese, grated
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large egg, beaten
90ml milk, plus extra for brushing
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and dust a baking tray with flour.
2. Meanwhile, sift both flours and baking powder into a bowl. Adding in any bran left in the sieve. Stir in the cheese and make a well in the centre.
3. Pour in the oil, egg and some of the milk. Mix together adding in more milk to get the right consistency.
4. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead briefly until smooth.
5. Roll out the dough to about 2 cm thick. Cut out the scones with a medium cutter and place on the oven tray. Glaze the tops with the extra milk and sprinkle a little cheese on top of each scone before putting in the oven.
6. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
7. Allow to cool and serve with your choice of filling.
Watch how I made this recipe below. For more videos like this, check out my YouTube channel.