This Vegetable Omelette is an ideal healthy breakfast or midday brunch for the whole family. The added sweetness from the sweetcorn and courgette makes for a perfect finger food for your weaning baby. Simply slice into fingers for a baby led weaning meal or snack on the go! Whip up this quick and filling recipe. Carry in one of our Food Flasks for a warm meal on the go.
Cook time: 5 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
4 tablespoons sweetcorn
4 tablespoons grated courgette
1 tbsp oil
- Place a pan on medium heat. Drizzle a little oil and allow to heat up.
- Add the grated courgette to the pan. Sauté for 2 minutes until softened. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a small bowl. Add the sweetcorn and whisk with a fork.
- Once soft, add the egg mix to the courgette. Leave to cook for 2 minutes.
- Carefully flip the egg using a spatula. Let cook for another minute until golden.
- Transfer to a plate and serve warm. Cut into fingers if desired; this will make it easier for your weaning baby to pick up and eat.
Weaning and Storage
6 months+ - Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self feed. Serve immediately as it is not recommended to re-heat or freeze eggs.