You can't go wrong with this delicious Twice Baked Potatoes recipe. Simple and delicious, this potato dish is bursting with a creamy, healthy vegetable filling that is suitable for the whole family. Perfect on its own or as a yummy side dish to accompany your dinner, this is the ultimate comfort food that the kids will love.
Adapt for your weaning baby by mashing the filling well and portion using our Baby Led Weaning Set of pots.
Cook time: 40 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
4 medium potatoes, washed
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
½ red onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 stick celery, sliced
½ red pepper, diced
½ courgette, grated
100g sour cream
50g cheddar cheese, grated
1 tbsp thyme
1 tbsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Place the potatoes on the tray and bake for 30 minutes until softened.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the onions and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the pepper, courgette and celery. Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Add in the thyme and sour cream. Mix well and remove from heat. Transfer into a large bowl.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Slice in half and cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Scoop out the flesh of each potato and add into the bowl. Place the skins back on the baking tray.
- Mix the potatoes and the veg mixture together to combine. Spoon the mix into the potato skins and sprinkle each with cheddar cheese.
- Return the tray of potatoes to the oven to cook for 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Weaning and Storage
6-7 months - Serve as a mash or puree with no lumps.
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our Baby Led Weaning Set is perfect for portioning and safely storing food for your weaning baby.