This delicious sauce is perfect for both your weaning baby and the whole family! As a baby led weaning snack, simply offer as a finger food dip with large pasta shapes or our Sweet Potato Tots.
Packed full of goodness, this sauce is great for reluctant vegetable eaters. It's perfect served with pasta, meatballs or on garlic bread. The options are endless! The kids will definitely want this on their lunchbox, so make sure to cook a big batch.
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
1 onion, chopped
1 aubergine, chopped
1 courgette, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp olive oil
400g tin whole tomatoes
410ml low salt vegetable stock
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place your chopped vegetables and garlic on a roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for about 20-25 minutes, until vegetables are soft and slightly brown on the edges. Turn them over half way through cooking.
- Transfer your roasted vegetables to a large saucepan and add the tomatoes and vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil. Cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes. Let cool. Transfer to the blender.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the blender and blend.Serve with the pasta of your choice.
- For your weaning baby, use on small pasta shapes or fusilli pasta and serve as a finger food.
Weaning and Storage
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.