I always cook enough to have enough left over for lunch the following day. It always goes down a treat!
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
- Place the stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a low simmer.
- Heat half the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion and oregano for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the rice to the onion. Stir well, until all of the rice has been coated by the butter.
- Add the stock, a ladle-full at a time, stirring frequently. Wait until all the stock has been absorbed by the rice before adding another ladle-full.
- After about 15 minutes, add in the peas. Stir well before continuing to add the stock.
- Once all of the stock has been absorbed, add in the prawns.
- Allow the prawns to cook in the mixture for a minute or two before removing the pan from the heat. Top with the remaining butter and Parmesan and cover. Let stand for at least 1 minute. Just before serving, give it a gentle stir.
- To adapt for your baby, blend in a food processor, removing any shells from the prawns.
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.