These little scones are such a delight! Your children and baby will love the cheesy taste, and it's a great way to get a few more veggies into their diet. Offer to your baby as a finger food with a dip such as our hummus. These are freezer friendly too, so bake up a large batch to freeze and reheat when you want a healthy snack or lunchbox filler.
Makes: 12 scones
Cook Time: 10 minutes
225g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
50g unsalted butter, cubed
60g Cheddar cheese, grated
1 courgette, peeled and grated
½ carrot, peeled and grated
½ tsp dried mixed herbs
60ml full fat milk
1. Preheat the oven to 200C ° and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and butter. Combine until the mixture becomes crumbly.
3. Stir in the courgette, carrot, cheese and mixed herbs, being careful not to overwork the mixture.
4. Gently stir in enough milk so the mixture becomes a soft dough. If it becomes sticky, add a bit more flour.
5. Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Use a rolling pin, flatten until to about 1cm thick. Cut circles using a scone or cookie cutter. Repeat until all the dough is used.
6. Place on a baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes in the oven, until golden brown.
7.Cool on a wire tray before serving. Freeze in portion pots for up to 4 months, making sure to heat through before serving.
8. For your baby, serve as a finger food.
6 months+- Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self-feed.