A fun twist on the classic dish, these Macaroni and Cheese Muffins are a delicious finger food for your weaning baby. They are the perfect baby led weaning snack and are a great addition to a child's lunch box.
Tasty and easy to do, your little ones will be asking for more!
Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes: 6 Muffins
1 small head of cauliflower, finely chopped
160g dried macaroni
3 tbsp unsalted butter
3 tbsp flour
350ml full fat milk
350g cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Grease a muffin tin.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the dried macaroni and cauliflower and cook for 6-8 minutes. Strain off and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan melt the butter. Stir in the flour until it forms a paste. Gradually whisk in the milk, until smooth without lumps.
- Bring the mixture to the boil. Remove from the heat and stir in 2/3 of the cheese.
- Stir the sauce into the macaroni and cauliflower mix.
- Spoon the mix in the muffin tin and scatter the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the tin.
- Offer to your baby as a finger food when they are able to manage soft lumps.
Weaning and Storage
6 months+ - Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self feed.