These homemade sausage rolls are a healthier alternative to the salt laden supermarket kind. With added veggies for an extra kick, they make a great finger food for weaning babies from 6 months onward. Team with some Tomato Sauce for dipping for a perfect baby led weaning treat.
Cook time: 25-35 minutes
Makes: 8 Rolls
300g quality minced pork
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 carrot, grated
1 courgette, grated
3 tbsp breadcrumbs or flour
2 tsp coriander
1 pack puff pastry
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Remove the pastry from the freezer and set on the counter top to soften.
- Place the pork, onion, garlic and grated vegetables in a food processor. Blend for 20-30 seconds.
- Add the coriander and flour or breadcrumbs to the pork mix and blend until combined.
- Roll out the pastry and cut it in half length ways to form two long strips.
- Spoon the filling evenly down the middle of each pastry strip.
- Fold the pastry over the filling and seal with your hands or a fork. Brush with egg and cut each roll in 8 pieces.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until crispy, golden and thoroughly cooked. Allow to cool before serving.
- Offer to your baby as a finger food to self-feed. you can place it in their hand, or chop into bite size pieces.