This easy shredded chicken recipe is great for the whole family, especially your weaning baby! Shredded chicken is a fantastic texture and flavour to offer to your baby and even better if you're introducing chicken for the first time - it has a mild flavour and is full of great nutrients for your baby.
Add this easy ingredient to any recipe, such as stews, chillis, fried rice or even just sandwiches.
Tip: This easy shredded chicken also freezes really well! Make extra and keep in your freezer for up to 3 months.
Makes: Approx. 550g (20 oz)
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
180ml (3/4 cup) low salt chicken stock
Salt* and pepper to taste
*Omit salt for baby
- Heat a pan to medium high heat and add the olive oil.
- Place the chicken breasts on the heated pan and season with salt and pepper, if using. Allow the chicken to cook for about 5 minutes, then turn over to cook on the other side for a further 5 minutes.
- Next add the stock, turn down the heat to medium and place the lid on top. Cook for a further 7 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and shred by either using a fork or stand mixer.
- If using a stand mixer (I highly recommend this!), use the paddle attachment and mix for about a minute. For your baby add a small amount of the stock in so that it's nice and moist.
How to serve:
Baby able for texture - Add some peas and rice.
Finger food - Place on the highchair or in our Silicone Suction Bowls and let your baby feed themselves
Freeze portions in your Mummy Cooks Portion Pots! It will last in the freezer for 3 to 4 months.