These crispy baked avocado fries make a yummy healthy alternative to chips. They're great for dipping in sauces such as our easy Tomato Sauce, making a tasty baby led weaning meal.
These creamy and delicious avocado fries are also a great snack or side dish for any family meal and with our simple recipe, they are perfect to get the kids involved in the kitchen!
Cook time: 12 minutes
Makes: 4 portions
2 large eggs, beaten
1 slice bread
1 tsp. oregano
2 firm-ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into wedges
Optional: Tomato Sauce, to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Meanwhile, prepare the breadcrumb mix. Add the bread and oregano to a food processor.
- Blitz on high speed for 30 seconds, or until a crumbly mixture forms. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- To prepare your work space, place the sliced avocado wedges on a plate. Put the flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs into 3 separate bowls. (Now the fun begins!)
- One at a time, dip each avocado wedge into the flour to coat. Dip into the egg mixture before finishing in the breadcrumbs.
- Transfer to the baking tray and repeat for the remaining wedges.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden and crispy. Serve with some Tomato Sauce.