This simple delicious Courgette Cupcake recipe takes just 30 minutes to make! Sugar free and perfect for your weaning baby they are a real treat. A great way to have veggies for dessert, this recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family. Creamy peanut butter adds great texture and flavour to these healthy cakes. Freeze a batch in our Family Portion Set.
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Makes: 6 Cupcakes
2 heaped tbsp peanut butter
4 tbsp oat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a muffin time with six paper cases and set aside.
- Add the raisins to a bowl. Cover with boiling water, soak for 5 minutes and then blend. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, grate the courgette then mix in the peanut butter, egg and 2/3 of the puréed raisins.
- Next, gently fold in the oat flour and baking powder. Leave to set for 5 minutes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Remove the muffins from the tim and allow to cool on a wire rack before icing or storing.
- For the icing: Whip together the yoghurt, remaining raisin purée and peanut butter in a small bowl until smooth. To thicken, mix in a spoon of oat flour and set aside.
- Once cooled slightly, top the muffins with icing and serve.
Weaning and Storage
7 months+ - Use as a finger food with the icing for dipping.
If you are concerned about feeding your child peanuts, consult a doctor. Other nut butter such as almond or cashew butter can be substituted too.