Chicken Parmigiana: crispy breaded chicken covered in tomato sauce, topped with cheese and grilled until the cheese has melted and the sauce bubbly.
Simply delicious and suitable for your weaning baby!
Follow this easy and simple chicken parmigiana recipe for a quick weeknight dinner your kids and the whole family will enjoy. It is also perfect as a lunch box filler for your kids' school lunches. Just serve in one of our Mummy Cooks Food Flasks and they're good to go!
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4-5 Adult portions
- Using a rolling pin, pound the chicken breasts between sheets of cling film until thin.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with 2/3 of the Parmesan in a bowl. Dip the chicken into the egg, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place them on a plate and refrigerate while you prepare the sauce.
- Heat a saucepan over a medium heat. Sauté the garlic in 1 tbsp of olive oil for 1 minute. Add in the tomatoes, passata and oregano. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a frying pan on a high heat. Fry the chicken for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Pour the tomato sauce into a shallow oven-proof dish and place the chicken on top. Top with the mozzarella and the remaining Parmesan. Grill until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve with pasta or potato and your choice of vegetables. For your baby, blend to the desired consistency.
4-6 months – Blended to Runny Puree
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.