This hearty chicken casserole is a perfect family dish! It can be blended up and served in our Starter Weaning Set for your weaning baby to ensure they have the right portion size for their age. A warm and filling meal, this recipe is a great way to sneak in some extra veggies and is ideal the next day as a filling school lunch even the fussiest of eaters will really love in one of our Food Flasks.
Cook time: 50 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
2 tbsp olive oil
1 Onion finely chopped
3 celery sticks, diced
4 chicken breasts, diced
900 ml of chicken or veg stock (low salt)
4 potatoes, peeled and diced
2 parsnips, pealed and diced
2 tbsp tomato puree
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish over a medium heat and sauté your onion and celery until softened.
- Add the chicken to the pan and sauté for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, parsnips and tomato puree, pour over the stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover with a lid and cook in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
- Serve with rice or blend to the required consistency for your baby.
Weaning and Storage
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.