Muffins are a big hit in our house and the kids really enjoy getting involved in making them. These are no exception! They make a healthy snack for lunch boxes or can be a fun alternative to the usual breakfast.
I always make a big batch of muffins and freeze them so that I have them on hand as required. Then they just need heating up before serving.
Cook time: 20-25 mins
Portions: 12 muffins
125g plain flour
3 tbsp sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a muffin tray or line with paper cases
- Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sunflower oil, eggs and milk.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and then pour in the wet and combine well.
- Fold in your mashed banana and berries until everything is mixed evenly.
- Divide the mixture into the muffin tin. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until a knife inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
6 months+ - Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self feed.
Our Family Portion Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your family.