If you and your kids are as mad about sweet potatoes as I am, then you'll love this sweet potato tots recipe! Healthy and delicious, sweet potato tots are a perfect finger food for your weaning baby and are a great snack for the whole family.
Even more delicious dipped in to our Tomato Sauce!
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
Makes: 24 Tots
3-4 sweet potatoes, cubed
125g grated Parmesan cheese,grated, plus more for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Steam the sweet potato until you can pierce it with a fork, but it is still too tough to eat.
- Put the sweet potatoes and Parmesan cheese into a food processor. Pulse a few times to achieve a chunky mashed texture.
- Add the mixture into a large bowl. Form into small balls with your hands and then roll each tot in more Parmesan cheese to lightly coat.
- Place the tots on the baking tray. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, turning them once half way though, until golden.
- Serve as a finger food for your baby to self-feed.