Your weaning baby will love this simple yet delicious combination of apples and cinnamon. You can serve this to your little one from 4 months, and when your baby is ready for more texture, simply serve it over some natural yoghurt for a tasty dessert. This recipe is also great when prepared with pears instead of apples.
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 6 x 1oz portions
3 apples, peeled, cored, and cubed
¼ tsp vanilla extract
Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C°.
- In a bowl, mix the apples with the vanilla and cinnamon until coated.
- Fill a baking dish with a thin layer of water and add the apples.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the apples are tender.
- Pour the apples and water from the baking dish into a food processor. Blend to the desired consistency for your baby, adding more water if necessary to make a runnier purée.
- For a baby able for texture, serve as a dessert with some yoghurt.
Weaning and Storage
4-6 months – Blended to Runny Puree
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.