This is a delicious puree to offer your weaning baby and can be used as a breakfast puree or a dessert along side some yogurt for an older baby. Why not even serve it with some pancakes for a delicious breakfast treat? It's even great for mum and dad with some ice cream!
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
8-12 Dried Apricots
1 large orange, zested and juiced
- Preheat your oven to 200°C .
- Wash and core the apples, stuff 2-3 apricots into the hollow of the apple and sprinkle with some orange zest.
- Place each of the apples on a square of tin foil, add about 1 tbsp of juice from the orange into the middle of each apple.
- Parcel the apples up and place on a baking tray, bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until soft.
- To serve to your baby blend it down to your desired consistency, adding a little bit of water if needed. You can also add some plain yogurt to the mixture and use as a dessert for an older baby.
Weaning and Storage
4-6 months – Blended to Runny Puree
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.