Hummus is great as a dip for your weaning baby's finger food. Serve with Sweet Potato Tots for a tasty baby led weaning meal your little one will love. For your older children, this nutritious dip is great to add to a lunch box with sticks of vegetables. It's creamy, smooth and oh so sweet, your little ones will surely love it!
Chop up some vegetable sticks and let them enjoy!
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
3 red peppers
400g tin chickpeas, drained
1 clove of garlic
1/4 red chili, deseeded
1 small onion, sautéed
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
Squeeze of lemon juice
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the grill to its highest setting. Place the peppers on a wire rack skin side up and grill until the skins have gone black and look charred.
- Remove the peppers from the grill and place in a plastic bag, close it tightly and leave the peppers to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil on a large pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion until it has become translucent.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cumin and coriander, set aside and allow to cool.
- Remove the peppers from the bag and gently pull off the skins.
- Add the chickpeas, peppers, lemon juice and onion mix to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Serve with vegetable sticks.