These healthy pumpkin pancakes are the perfect breakfast treat for the whole family and is a great finger food for your weaning baby too.
Great for Halloween but perfect all year round, these pumpkin flavoured pancakes are delicious and moist. Make them now and I doubt there will be any leftovers. Try them out with our Apple, Prune and Cinnamon Puree for a tasty breakfast meal.
95g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
240ml full fat milk
1 tbsp oil, plus more for the pan
60g pumpkin, baked and puréed
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and make a well.
- In another bowl, whisk the milk, oil and egg together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Add the puréed pumpkin and stir.
- Lightly grease a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium heat.
- For each pancake, pour a ladle of the batter on the pan and cook for about 2 minutes. When you see bubbles rising to the top, use a spatula to flip over and cook on the other side for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite toppings.