I love taking time during the school holidays to get creative in the kitchen with my girls. Cooking with your children can not only help ease picky eating, but it can also be a fun way to educate them on healthy eating and introduce them to the cooking processes. Get your family involved in cooking these easy and quick sweet treats. They're healthy and packed with flavour, plus all of these yummy treats include fruit - making them even more delicious
1. Peanut Butter Banana Oat Cookies - These peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies are delicious, quick and easy to make and require only 4 ingredients! Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
2. Apple and Blackberry Crumble - My easy Apple and Blackberry Crumble is perfectly served warm or cold! These are full of fibre and great brain food for growing children! Grab the recipe in my Batch Cooking eBook.
3. Avocado, Oat and Chocolate Muffins - The avocado in this healthy muffin recipe adds a delicious creaminess without taking away from the chocolatey flavours! Enjoy warm with a cup of tea or take on-the-go for a snack. These muffins are also great lunchbox fillers!
4. Lemon and Raspberry Scones - Lemon and raspberry is my favourite fruit combination. They provide lots of nutrients and vitamins like potassium and omega 3! Grab the recipe in my Batch Cooking eBook.
5. Orange and Raisin Hot Cross Bun Muffins - These Orange & Raisin Hot Cross Bun Muffins are a great healthy breakfast, morning tea or snack option rather than the traditional hot cross bun! You can make these a more sweet, dessert-like treat by adding chocolate chips!
At Mummy Cooks, we have a wealth of advice on feeding your family. We cover everything from meal prep and slow cooker recipes to moving baby on to family foods and preparing food safely. So whether you're looking for quick and easy meal ideas or want to learn more about healthy eating, we've got you covered - Feeding the Family Advice page