Having healthy, homemade meals to hand during the school term helps me so much with quick school lunches and easy weeknight dinners! Whether it's a batch of muffins or some mini pies, knowing that I have last-minute options to feed my family when I need them is a lifesaver.
Here are a few family-friendly freezer recipes to help you during this school term (freeze for up to 3 months!) :
1. Chilli Con Carne - The classic chilli con carne is something the whole family can enjoy, even your weaning baby! Hearty and flavoursome, this recipe can be spiced up or down to suit your needs. Don't let the 'chilli' in the name put you off; I advise adding chilli powder as a first taste and then moving onto chillies when you think your child is ready to accept it a little spicier. You will be surprised just how much children love spices!
2. Chicken and Veggie Pies - A hearty option that will please the whole family! This can be baked straight from the freezer. Add 10 minutes onto the cooking time. Cook until the pastry is golden brown. Find this recipe in my Batch Cooking E-Book
3. Ham, Corn and Cheese Muffins - These super easy savoury muffins are perfect for lunchboxes, afternoon snacks or even as a side to your main dish! To add more fibre and make these muffins more of a meal, you can add grated veggies like courgette and carrot. Find this recipe in my Travel with Baby E-Book
4. Apple, Blueberry and Oat Muffins - Having a healthy muffin on hand is the best option for your child to eat on their way to school! These are great to freeze for a quick and easy snack or breakfast option
5. Hearty Vegetable Soup - This is a hearty vegetable soup that the whole family will love, including your weaning baby! Simply serve with finger foods such as our Homemade Oatcakes for a tasty baby led weaning meal your little one will love
6. Chicken and Bean Chilli - If you're looking for a twist on the classic Chilli Con Carne, my Slow Cooker Chicken and Bean Chilli is the perfect option. It's a warm and hearty dinner the whole family will love, including your weaning baby. If you don’t have a slow cooker, follow all the instructions as listed, but use a large pan on the hob instead of a slow cooker
At Mummy Cooks, we have a wealth of advice on feeding your family. We cover everything from meal prep and slow cooker recipes to moving baby on to family foods and preparing food safely. So whether you're looking for quick and easy meal ideas or want to learn more about healthy eating, we've got you covered - Feeding the Family Advice page