These tasty meatballs are the perfect lunch box filler for your child's school lunches. It's also great as a finger food for your weaning baby. Just prepare them the night before and cook in the morning, served alongside our delicious Hidden Veg Pasta Sauce.
This meatball recipe is also great for batch cooking; double it and team it with some pasta for a fantastic mid-week family meal.
Cook time: 12 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
1 onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper finely chopped
1/2 tbsp oregano
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
1/2 tbsp paprika
1 tsp mild chilli powder
500g quality minced beef
1 tbsp olive oil
1 portion of Homemade Tomato Sauce
- Combine the onion, pepper, herbs and ground spices in a large bowl. Add in the mince and the egg. Mix thoroughly.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into meatballs. Set aside any meatballs for freezing.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the meatballs and cook for 8-10 minutes, until cooked through, turning regularly.
- Once cooked, add the Homemade Tomato Sauce to the pan and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Prepare the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Offer the meatballs as a finger food. When preparing the vegetables in this recipe, make sure that they are finely chopped or blended in a food processor.