Ready in just 15 minutes, this easy Creamy Mushroom Pasta Sauce is sure to be a hit with the entire family; even the fussiest eaters. Whether you fancy stirring it through some pasta or serving it over chicken, you won't be disappointed. It's a delicious and easy recipe to get baby to join in on family meal times by getting them to pick up sauce covered pasta chunks for a hands on weaning experience.
Perfect for batch cooking, this mushroom sauce can be frozen and stored in your freezer for later use - so you can simply whip it out and serve as a fuss-free dinner meal served with pasta any night of the week!
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult Portions
1 tbsp olive oil
3 spring onions,finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
100ml low salt vegetable stock
430g full fat cream cheese
Pasta to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the spring onions and cook until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until golden.
- Add the parsley and black pepper. Pour in the stock. Stir well.
- Cook over low heat until the mushrooms are soft. Stir in the cream cheese.
- Serve with your choice of pasta or potatoes.
- If your baby is not able for texture, blend the mushroom sauce or chop into bite size pieces.
Weaning and Storage
6-7 months - Blended: Smooth and slightly thicker sauce, no lumps
7-8 months - Blended: Thicker sauce with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our Baby Led Weaning Set is perfect for storing 3oz portions of the sauce for later use. Just stir in to pasta and let your baby pick up and self-feed for a hands on feeding experience.