This Chicken Noodle Soup is the ultimate comfort food for the entire family to enjoy, including your weaning baby. Perfect on a cold day, it is a delicious lunchbox filler for children's lunches and great to have on hand for a meal any time of the day.
Cook time: 55 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
For the broth:
4 chicken thighs, skinned
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
2 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
Handful of fresh parsley
Handful of fresh thyme
1 carrot, spiralised or ribboned with a peeler
1 courgette, spiralised or ribboned with a peeler
2 x 150g pack of Udon noodles
Small handful of fresh coriander to garnish
- Add all of the broth ingredients to a large pot and fill with water until everything is covered.
- Bring to the boil over a high heat, reduce the heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes with the lid on, until the chicken has cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and set aside, before straining the remainder of the mixture and discarding the vegetables.
- Bring the broth to the boil and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes to enhance the flavour.
- Once you are ready to serve your soup, tear the chicken away from the bones, add into the broth with the spiralised carrot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the hob, add the spiralised courgette and noodles. Leave to stand for 3-5 minutes with the lid on. Garnish with coriander and serve