These Chicken and Pesto Zoodles are so easy and delicious that they are sure to be a winner with your little ones! This is also perfect as a finger food for a tasty baby led weaning meal.
Zucchini noodles (or zoodles), also known as courgette spaghetti (or courgetti), are a great way of sneaking in that little bit of added vegetables into the kids! Serving it with pesto (which they love) masks the green of the courgette which may mean they are more likely to accept it.Cook time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
2 tbsp olive oil
2 skinless chicken breasts, sliced
2 courgettes, spiralised*
Homemade Basil Pesto or store-bought pesto
160g spaghetti, cooked
Handful of cherry tomatoes
Parmesan to serve
*If you don't have a spiraliser, use a peeler to ribbon the courgette.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Heat another frying pan with the rest of the olive oil. Cook the courgettes for 4-6 minutes.
- Stir the pesto into the pan with the chicken then add the courgettes.
- Add the spaghetti to your chicken and courgette. Add more pesto as desired. Plate up and top with grated Parmesan and cherry tomatoes.
- For your baby, cut into bite size pieces to self-feed. This dish can also be blended without the spaghetti and offered as a purée.
Weaning and Storage
6 months+ - Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self feed.