These delicious Banana Bread Bites are so easy to make! With minimal ingredients and prep time, this healthy snack is great for when you’re strapped for time or need a treat when you’re on-the-go.
*It’s possible to make these without sugar for your baby; however it’s a tiny amount and within guidelines.
Tip: Use our 24 Case Silicone Muffin Trays to make the perfect bite size balls without having to shape them!
Makes: 24 x bites
Cook Time: 25 minutes
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground cinnamon
200g (1 ½ cups) self-raising flour
50g (¼ cup) brown sugar*
100g (½ cup) porridge oats
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) and prepare your silicone muffin tray or baking tray.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to thoroughly combine the mashed bananas, melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cinnamon, flour, brown sugar and oats.
- Transfer this mixture to the banana mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Roll the mixture into bite-sized balls and place evenly on your baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- Enjoy by itself or use as a dipper with yoghurt or cream!
Finger Food 6 months+
Cut into smaller pieces and place in baby’s hand for them to self feed. Offer as a dipper with yoghurt, cream, jam, etc.
At Mummy Cooks, we have a wealth of advice on feeding your family. We cover everything from meal prep and slow cooker recipes to moving baby on to family foods and preparing food safely. So whether you're looking for quick and easy meal ideas or want to learn more about healthy eating, we've got you covered - Feeding the Family Advice page