These delicious Banana Bread Bites are so easy to make! With minimal ingredients and prep time, this healthy snack is great for when you’re strapped for time or need a treat when you’re on-the-go.
*It’s possible to make these without sugar for your baby; however it’s a tiny amount and within guidelines.
Tip: Use our 24 Case Silicone Muffin Trays to make the perfect bite size balls without having to shape them!
Makes: 24 x bites
Cook Time: 25 minutes
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground cinnamon
200g (1 ½ cups) self-raising flour
50g (¼ cup) brown sugar*
100g (½ cup) porridge oats
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) and prepare your silicone muffin tray or baking tray.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to thoroughly combine the mashed bananas, melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cinnamon, flour, brown sugar and oats.
- Transfer this mixture to the banana mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Roll the mixture into bite-sized balls and place evenly on your baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- Enjoy by itself or use as a dipper with yoghurt or cream!
Finger Food 6 months+
Cut into smaller pieces and place in baby’s hand for them to self feed. Offer as a dipper with yoghurt, cream, jam, etc.