A vegetable omelette really is a great family friendly lunch. Tasty, packed with nutrients and so quick and easy to make. Serve it up as a finger food for your weaning baby by cutting into strips and make it extra tasty by serving it with a dip like my Tomato Sauce.
Grating in the courgette will make your child more accepting of it and you can mix things up and use any veggies your child might enjoy!
You can find a whole section on breakfast on the go recipes inside the Lunchbox Made Easy book if you're looking for some inspiration!
Makes: 1 Child Portion
Salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat.
2. Add the grated courgette to the pan. Sauté for 2 minutes until softened.
3. Meanwhile, crack the egg into a small bowl. Add the sweetcorn and whisk with a fork. Season with salt and pepper
4. Once the courgette is soft, add the egg mix to the courgette. Leave to cook for 2 minutes.
5. Carefully flip the egg using a spatula. Cook for another minute until golden.
6. Transfer to a plate and serve. Alternatively serve warm in your child's food flask.