I almost always find myself strapped for time during the busy Christmas period, so batch cooking ahead and freezing meals where possible is a huge help, especially when wanting to keep a balanced diet over Christmas!
I've put together a list of some hearty meals and yummy treats that are great for meal prep and that will keep your family fuelled this festive season
1. Homemade Pizza - By making your own dough and sauce you can have a healthy fakeaway meal that your kids will love to help you prepare! Find this recipe in my Batch Cooking eBook
2. Pea and Pesto Fettuccine - This 15-minute Pea and Pesto Fettuccine recipe is delicious, healthy and a perfect meal for when you’re on the go! It’s a great vegetarian recipe if you are strapped for time and need a quick and easy dinner idea.
3. Mexican Meatball Stew - Meatballs always go down like a treat with my girls. This dish with a Mexican twist is packed full of flavours that will not disappoint. This can be frozen for up to 3 months. Find the recipe in my Slow Cooker eBook
4. One Pot Veggie Lasagne - This is a great recipe for the entire family and takes only 25 minutes to prepare. Offer as finger food and let baby self-feed. Blend sauce by itself and offer as puree if baby is not ready for texture.
1. Apple and Blackberry Crumble - This crowd-pleaser is the perfect dish to prepare ahead of time. Simply freeze before baking and cook straight from the freezer, adding 10 minutes to the cook time. Find this recipe in my Batch Cooking eBook
2. Avocado, Oat and Chocolate Muffins - I love how healthy and easy these Avocado, Oat and Chocolate Muffins are to make! Adding vegetables into sweet muffin recipes adds richness of flavour as well as being a healthier source of sugars. The avocado in this healthy muffin recipe adds a delicious creaminess without taking away from the chocolatey flavours!
3. Coconut Bites - My baby-friendly Bounty Bar alternatives are healthy, delicious and so simple to make! These sugar-free treats are perfect to take as a snack on-the-go, or to be enjoyed as a tasty dessert. Your children will love helping you make them, so get them in the kitchen and involved in the process.
4. Blueberry and Lemon Mini Muffins - These are the perfect size for a little treat and are great for little hands! They can also be made into larger muffins. Find this recipe in my Baby & Family Recipe Book
At Mummy Cooks, we have a wealth of advice on feeding your family. We cover everything from meal prep and slow cooker recipes to moving baby on to family foods and preparing food safely. So whether you're looking for quick and easy meal ideas or want to learn more about healthy eating, we've got you covered - Feeding the Family Advice pag