Make it more fun in the kitchen by getting your kids to help out with the preparation!
Cook time: 20-30 minutes
Makes: 4 toddler portions
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Peel and parboil your potatoes and parsnips, then grate and mix together in a bowl with the Gruyére and some freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Melt 25g butter in a pan and fry the leeks and carrots until soft and pale gold.
- Melt the remaining butter in the pan, stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly. Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring constantly until thick and smooth.
- Stir in the cheddar until melted. Add the parsley, leeks, carrots, beans and sweetcorn. Tip into an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle the potato mixture on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden.
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.