Here's a great, healthy festive snack you can make for the kids this festive season! Made with only 4 ingredients, you can get these tasty carrot stars whipped up in no time at all, and you can even get the little ones to help you out in the kitchen! Delicious, easy and healthy.
Find more flavour packed recipes inside the Lunchbox Made Easy book.
2 carrots, peeled and grated
1 tsp olive oil
70g Cheddar cheese, grated
35g of wholemeal flour
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and add the grated carrots to a pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the carrots and then place them in some paper towel and squeeze out any liquid.
- Place the carrots into a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Freeze extra portions for future use.
- Roll the mixture out and make star shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Place onto your baking tray and cook for about 13 minutes or until they are crispy on the sides.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week. Stars are not great for freezing.
At Mummy Cooks, we have a wealth of advice on feeding your family. We cover everything from meal prep and slow cooker recipes to moving baby on to family foods and preparing food safely. So whether you're looking for quick and easy meal ideas or want to learn more about healthy eating, we've got you covered - Feeding the Family Advice page