If you're looking to get more vegetables into your children's diets, these muffins are the perfect choice. They make a great food for your baby and a tasty lunchbox filler for a school going child. They are also a nice pick-me-up for busy parents who are always on the go.
Portions: 12 Muffins
Cook Time: 25minutes
230g self raising flour
120g Cheddar cheese, grated
3 tbsp olive oil
180ml full fat milk
1 egg, beaten
1 courgette, grated
1 carrot, grated
Small handful of spinach, finely chopped
4 tbsp sweetcorn
1 small onion, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200°. Grease a muffin tin.
2. In a bowl, mix together the flour and cheese.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the oil, milk and egg.
4. Add the vegetables to the bowl with the flour and cheese. Stir in the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly until well combined.
5. Divide evenly into the muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and fully cooked through.
6. Allow to cool before serving.
Weaning and Storage
6 months+ - Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self feed.