This quick and easy Tomato and Mascarpone Pasta Sauce is the perfect mid-week family meal. Delicious and creamy, you won't have to buy store-bought pasta sauce again! Suitable for lunch or dinner, this sauce is packed with the tasty combination of juicy tomatoes and creamy mascarpone that your little ones will love. Get baby to join in by serving with large pasta shapes for a yummy baby led weaning meal.
This pasta sauce is also great to batch cook; simply store in your freezer and defrost overnight so you can have it ready to serve over pasta any day of the week.
Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon basil, chopped
400g tin chopped tomatoes
Salt and black pepper ,to taste
225g mascarpone cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until very soft, but not coloured.
- Stir in the herbs and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and seasoning.
- Add in 85ml water, bring to the boil and allow the sauce to bubble gently for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the mascarpone.
- To serve, pour over pasta or store in a Portion Pot to freeze for up to 3 months.
Weaning and Storage
6-7 months - Blended: Smooth and slightly thicker sauce, no lumps
7-8 months - Blended: Thicker sauce with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our Baby Led Weaning Set is perfect for storing 3oz portions of the tomato and mascarpone pasta sauce for later use. Just stir in to pasta and let your baby pick up and self-feed for a hands on feeding experience.