These healthy and easy to make Spinach and Feta Muffins are perfect as a snack or a full meal paired with a soup or salad. They’re also great for introducing new textures and flavours as finger food for your weaning baby!
Bake a batch in our Silicone Muffin Trays that are easy to use and wash!
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Makes: 12 x muffins
375g (2 ½) cups self raising flour
120g (3 cups) spinach, washed and roughly chopped
200g feta, crumbled
300ml (1 cup) milk
3 tbsp butter, melted
Salt* and pepper, to taste
100g (1/2 cup) grated parmesan cheese
*Omit salt for baby
- Preheat oven to 200°C and prepare your silicone muffin tray.
- Sift flour into a bowl and add chopped spinach, crumbled feta and the parmesan cheese and stir to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg, butter and salt and pepper, if using.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and gently fold together until fully combined.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cases and place in oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Let cool before serving or storing.
- These muffins can be stored in your freezer for up to 3 months!
Weaning and Storage
At Mummy Cooks, we have a wealth of advice on feeding your family. We cover everything from meal prep and slow cooker recipes to moving baby on to family foods and preparing food safely. So whether you're looking for quick and easy meal ideas or want to learn more about healthy eating, we've got you covered - Feeding the Family Advice page