This delicious spicy tuna and cottage cheese potato jacket is packed full of vitamins such as B3, B12, magnesium, iron and zinc. For the busy or breastfeeding parent, this is a great recipe to support healthy breast milk production and help maintain healthy energy levels!
This super easy, healthy recipe can easily be changed up by using different cheeses such as cheddar. The mixture can be refrigerated for up to 2 days after it has been made.
Tip: If you want an extra kick, a drizzle of Sriracha always goes great with this Spicy Tuna and Cottage Cheese Jacket Potato.
Cook Time: 45 minutes - 1 hour
Makes: 1 x Adult
225g (8 oz) can tuna, drained
½ red chilli, deseeded and chopped
1 spring onion, sliced
Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
Handful of coriander, chopped
1 medium-sized jacket potato
150g (5 oz) low-fat cottage cheese
2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and spray your oven tray with cooking spray.
- Rub the olive oil over the potato, place it on the tray and put it on the top shelf of the oven. Bake for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins, turn the oven down to 190°C and continue to cook for about 45 mins or until the skin starts to become crisp and the flesh soft.
- Meanwhile, combine the drained tuna, chilli, spring onion, cherry tomatoes and coriander in a bowl. Add the cottage cheese and mix until well combined.
- Once the potato is cooked, cut a cross into the top then fill with your mixture. Enjoy!