These healthy Pumpkin and Parmesan Muffins have a lovely combination of sweet and savoury flavours - even the fussiest of eaters will eat them right up. Any squash like butternut squash also works well in this recipe. If you’re in a hurry and don’t have time to bake and puree the pumpkin, you can boil and mash sweet potato or swap it for something really simple like grated carrot.
This recipe only requires 7 ingredients and is great for batch cooking, lunchboxes and weaning babies!
Makes: 12 x muffins
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
200g (7 oz) pumpkin, baked and puréed
2 tbsp butter, melted
100ml (½ cup) milk
300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
100g (1 cup) Parmesan, grated
Salt* and pepper, to taste
*Omit salt for baby
- Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F) and prepare your silicone muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, add the butter, egg, and puréed pumpkin and whisk to combine.
- Stir in milk until combined.
- Add the flour and ¾ of the parmesan, reserving some for topping. Stir to combine.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cases and top muffins with remaining parmesan before placing in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Let cool before serving or storing.
At Mummy Cooks, we have a wealth of advice on feeding your family. We cover everything from meal prep and slow cooker recipes to moving baby on to family foods and preparing food safely. So whether you're looking for quick and easy meal ideas or want to learn more about healthy eating, we've got you covered - Feeding the Family Advice page