This puree makes for a delicious breakfast or dessert for your weaning baby. Serve as a dip with sliced bananas as a finger food for a tasty baby led weaning snack!
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 portions
250ml + 2 tbsp water
50g quick cook polenta
Natural Yogurt to serve
- Place a saucepan with 2 tbsp of water on low heat. Add the blueberries and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once softened, transfer to a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Using another saucepan, bring the milk and water to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the polenta gradually, stirring continuously. Once all of the polenta has been added and the mixture is fully combined, place back over a low heat.
- Stir continuously for 6-8 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Serve topped with natural yogurt and blueberry puree.
Weaning and Storage
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.