As a busy mum, I like cooking meals for my family that are fast and simple. Traditional lasagne can be time consuming to prepare, but not this one! It's an easier version of the classic Italian favourite and is cooked in one pot - meaning less dishes to wash.
Make sure to use pre-cooked lasagne sheets to make this recipe even easier. I used Barilla Oven ready lasagne sheets. You can also cook and freeze the bolognese ahead of time - that way it will only take 20 minutes to prepare as a mid-week meal. Store leftovers in 12oz for the kids and in 16oz for the adults to enjoy the next day.
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult Portions
1 portion of my Homemade bolognese sauce
250g fresh lasagne sheets
1 ball of mozzarella, thinly sliced
Handful fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
500g crème fraiche
50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Prepare the bolognese sauce - you can see our recipe here.
- In a large pot, place a layer of bolognese followed by the lasagne sheets, creme fraiche, parmesan cheese and the sheets again.
- Continue assembling until the last layer is done. Top with mozzarella and basil leaves.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook gently over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy. You can store leftovers in 12oz pots or 16oz pots to enjoy the next day.
7-8 months - as a finger food
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.