Couscous is so simple to prepare and I love the sweet flavours of the mandarin and the sultanas in this recipe. This is a great recipe to serve either hot or cold on a warm summer’s day. Use your food flask to take out and about for up to 12 hours
Offer to your baby from six months making sure the orange segments and sultanas are nice and small.
Portions: 1 x Baby
¼ cup (50g) couscous
½ tbsp sultanas, chopped
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to the couscous.
- Add ¼ cup of boiling water to the couscous and mix well. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Roughly chop the sultanas.
- Peel mandarin and divide into halves. Take one half and chop each segment into 3 parts. Once the couscous has absorbed the water and is soft, mix through the sultanas and mandarin pieces.
- Take the remaining mandarin half and squeeze the juice into the couscous.
- Mix and serve.
At Mummy Cooks, we have a wealth of advice on feeding your family. We cover everything from meal prep and slow cooker recipes to moving baby on to family foods and preparing food safely. So whether you're looking for quick and easy meal ideas or want to learn more about healthy eating, we've got you covered - Feeding the Family Advice page