There is nothing better than a good bowl of chicken curry.
Now your little ones, including your weaning baby, can enjoy it too! This chicken curry recipe is quick, easy and baby friendly. Delicious and full of flavour, the whole family are bound to love it.
Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
4 chicken breasts, diced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 peppers, finely sliced
1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into small chunks
1 x 400g tin of coconut milk
3 tbsp of tomato puree
1/2 tbsp medium curry powder
1 tsp garma masala
1/2 tbsp ground turmeric
1 tbsp olive oil
Rice to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and brown the chicken for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onions to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the sweet potato to the pan and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes before adding in the spices and the puree.
- Once the spices and puree are nicely mixed into the sweet potato and onions, add in the peppers and return the chicken to the pan.
- Mix everything until it is covered in the spices, adding a tablespoon or so of water if necessary.
- Stir in the coconut milk, bring the mixture to the boil before returning to a simmer for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sweet potato is nice and soft.
- Serve with some rice and enjoy!
Weaning and Storage
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.