One of our favourite family meals is a BBQ. I find it so easy to prepare and the kids love getting involved. I have been making a version of this burger for years adapted from my Mums recipe and Jessica decided she wanted to give it her own stamp. So here it is, we hope you love it as much as we do.
Cooking With Jessica Lamb Burger
Makes 4 burgers
1 tbsp olive oil
½ onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
500g quality minced lamb
2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
Salt & pepper to taste*
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cumin, cook for an additional minute then allow the mixture to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the mixture with the lamb, parsley and coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into four portions or smaller portions for a younger child. With your hands shape each portion into a burger patty.
- Preheat your BBQ to medium-high or above 200c. Grill the burger for about 5-6 minutes on each side or until they are cooked through.
- Serve with vegetables and a burger bun.
*Omit the salt if offering to a baby. Make smaller patties and offer as a finger food.