Simple and easy, this Homemade Kids' Chicken Pizza will become a firm family favourite in no time. Made with a tasty double tortilla base and topped with yummy spiced chicken, this recipe is a fun and healthy alternative to shop bought or takeaway pizza. It's perfect served as a delicious dinner meal with Crispy Avocado Fries or as part of a packed school lunch your kids will love. For a weaning baby, let them join in at the dinner table too - just cut up smaller slices that they can grab to self-feed.
For another delicious pizza recipe, try our Kids' Ham Pizza recipe.
Cook time: 15 Minutes
Makes: 1 Pizza
1 tbsp olive oil
2 wholemeal tortilla wraps
4 tbsp Tomato Sauce
2 tbsp cheddar cheese, grated
½ pepper, chopped
¼ onion, finely sliced
½ chicken breast, chopped*
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. chilli powder
2 tbsp. lime juice
Fresh basil, for topping
Optional: Crispy Baked Avocado Fries, to serve
*Leftover cooked chicken works great here too!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Add the chicken to a bowl and coat with the paprika, chilli powder and lime juice.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Add the onion and pepper and cook for 5 minutes further, until chicken is cooked through.
- Place one tortilla on the baking tray and top with half of the tomato sauce.
- Press the other tortilla firmly on top. Top with the remaining tomato sauce and sprinkle over the cheese. Spread the cooked chicken and mozzarella evenly over the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are crispy.
- Serve warm, and cut into fingers for your baby to self-feed.
Weaning and Storage
6 months+ - Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self feed. Add dips such as Tomato Sauce to increase variety.
Our Baby Led Weaning Set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store finger foods and dips for your weaning baby.
At Mummy Cooks, we have a wealth of advice on feeding your family. We cover everything from meal prep and slow cooker recipes to moving baby on to family foods and preparing food safely. So whether you're looking for quick and easy meal ideas or want to learn more about healthy eating, we've got you covered - Feeding the Family Advice page