This 15-minute Pea and Pesto Fettuccine recipe is delicious, healthy and a perfect meal for when you’re on the go! It’s a great vegetarian recipe if you are strapped for time and need a quick and easy dinner idea. Take on-the-go and keep warm in our food flasks or travel set!
Note: You can use store-bought pesto but our easy Homemade Basil Pesto takes only 2 minutes to make and has no salt so it’s suitable for baby!
Makes: 4 x Adults
Cook Time: 15 minutes
375g (13 ¼ oz) fettuccine
2 onions, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
400g (2 cups) frozen peas
4 large tbsp Homemade Basil Pesto
60g (¼ cup) crème fraiche
180g (6 oz) grated Parmesan cheese
Salt* and pepper
*Omit salt for baby
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Then add the peas and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and thoroughly mix in the pesto and crème fraiche. Season with salt and pepper, stir and blend to desired consistency. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of water on high heat and add a pinch of salt. Add the fettuccine and stir, cooking for 10-15 minutes or until al dente.
- Once the fettuccine is cooked, drain and return to the pot. Add the pesto and pea mixture and half the parmesan and stir until well combined.
- Serve and top with the rest of the parmesan and enjoy!
For baby: You can use pasta shapes like fusilli or penne that are easy for baby to grip. Blend the sauce until completely smooth.
At Mummy Cooks, we have a wealth of advice on feeding your family. We cover everything from meal prep and slow cooker recipes to moving baby on to family foods and preparing food safely. So whether you're looking for quick and easy meal ideas or want to learn more about healthy eating, we've got you covered - Feeding the Family Advice page